I believe in the power of music

Kyrsten - Kyle, Texas

I believe in the power of music, Music is something that most people all over the world have in common, from people who enjoy singing in the choir to people who enjoy singing in the shower. Something most people can agree on is that no matter what genre or from it’s in, we all have love for music.

Music helps to meet new people. If I see someone that has a shirt that has a band that I like on it, I’m likely to talk to that person. I go to many concerts and it is easy to meet new people there because you are both there for your love of music.

Music helps set moods. What makes suspense in a horror movie? Most people would say it’s the creepy music that plays just before something is going to happen. What makes people feel relaxed ant at ease when doing yoga? Music helps set that mood. When I need something a little more then the usual morning coffee to get me ready for my day, I’ll turn on some music that makes me happy, it makes me have a positive attitude about what I’m going to do that day.

Music can bring people together. Take for example, a marching band. There are many different kinds of people in one, with many different interests. In the end, they all come together for a common goal, play good music and make a good marching band. The love for music these people share creates a special bond, even if they can’t agree in anything else, they come together to practice and motivate each other to get better, and all this is due to one thing, the love of music.

Music can make people move. Dancers all over the world would not be able to do what they love if we didn’t have music. They’re many styles of dancing and I think that’s due to music. Whenever we have to make up new choreography for our dances in color guard, we always have to listen to the music and adjust to it. As with all other dances a team or dancer makes up.

Wherever you’re from, no matter your age, race, or religion, I believe that music can bring us all together.