this i believe

Ruben - Buda, Texas
Themes: Christianity

This I believe

I believe in God. Ever since I was born I have been going to church. I never paid much attention to what was going on, mostly because I was always asleep under the chairs. I wasn’t sure what I believed in until I was about ten years old. I got interested in what I believed in and why did I believe in it. I always saw that my mom and dad believe in God but why me? My dad had a hard time with his job and there was no money coming in. My mom is a substitute and during the summer there aren’t any jobs so she wasn’t bringing in any money at the time either. I remember my mom saying just leave it in Gods hands and he’ll take care of it all. We did every thing that year, we went to Mexico and after Mexico we went to six flags. We still went to the mall just to go and have fun. My parents even paid all there bills, the house bills to the car bills; we even had cable and internet. When my parents did there taxes we were surprised to see that my parents only pulled in ten thousand dollars the entire year. That is less than half than any other ordinary house hold. My parents never lost hope and I saw that they always but there problems in Gods hands, they never stopped believing in him. I also believe in God because when I was about fourteen years old I got arrested for playing around and accidently knocking out someone’s two front teeth. I did exactly what my parents did in there situation and I put every thing in Gods hands. I prayed that I wouldn’t have to pay two thousand dollars for the kid’s teeth to get fixed. My parents and I didn’t have the money to pay for his teeth and I was worried sick. When I got in front the officer I thought that he was going to say that I had to pay a lot of money but to my surprise he told me that all I had to pay was one hundred and seventeen dollars. His insurance covered the rest and I new that God did that because I have never seen any insurance cover so much. I knew that they still had to give me a punishment, they told me that the minimum for knocking two teeth out was about six months and on. The next day when I went in to my probation officers office I thought that I was going to throw up because I was so worried. He came up to me and said that I was only going to serve three months of probation and no community service. I new that God did that because my probation officer said that he would never give any one else that little time for what I did but he saw something in me. The thing that he saw in me was God and I know that he was with me every step of the way. This is why I believe in what I believe and why I believe in God.