Joseph - Valley Stream, New York

I can closely relate to the phrase “everything happens for a reason” due to the fact that I am a fatalist and I come from a heavy Christian background ever since I was an infant. Most Christians can relate to this phrase because in the Bible it says that God has a plan for each and every one of us in the world and how each person plays a role into the contribution of Christianity. The bible is about faith not fate. Newton’s Third Law can also correspond to this idea because it states that every action has an opposite and equal reaction to any action. Many times things seem more than a coincidence but everything turns alright in the end.

My mother works at a clothing and fashion store for 11 hours a day, 5 days a week. My mother is very dedicated and a very diligent worker and most of the time is never late for work. One Wednesday morning our new BMW that we bought about 2 weeks ago had engine failure out of the blue. My mother was already late for work and started to panic because she knew she was going to be late. She ended up being late 20 minutes and took the taxi to work. During that 20 minutes interval my mother’s store was robbed in about $1400 worth of clothing and money. One of co-workers was injured during the robbery because she was thrown to the ground by the robbers. You might call this coincidence but I truly believe that our car engine failed that morning for a reason and that was to put my mother out of harms way.

When I was in middle school, going to a good high school was a very important role in my family because my mother wanted the best for me. My mother wanted me to get into Stuyvesant High School but I couldn’t get in but instead got into Brooklyn Technical High School. I did not do up to my potential in school which led me to my failure to my parents. This made my mother very unhappy so we decided to move so I can have another chance to get into a better high school. I ended up going to a school near Edgemont and I also found out that the school I attended was ranked 25th in the nation which made my mother pleased because it increased the chances of me going to a better school for college.

These are just some examples of why I believe “everything happens for a reason” but many people still do believe it’s all coincidence but I truly believe that every action has a predecessor which will lead to that ultimate event.