Life of Oppurtunity

Jay - Buda, Texas

I believe everyday is a miracle. I believe I am the luckiest person in this world. Not because I am the richest person in the world. Not because I am the best athlete in the world. Not because I am a famous celebrity, but because I am alive in this country of opportunity. Anything and everything is at my finger tips. I am at a point in my life where I can decide to do something great, because I was blessed with a caring family, great friends, and the opportunity to go to school and achieve my goals because I live in America; a place you decide what you are going to be.

I am young and therefore dim-witted making it effortless to overlook that I have control of my future now and can do something about it before it is too late. It’s sort of funny how a couple of hours ago I was kind of lost until I was inspired by a moving speech given by Barack Obama. He put this whole belief in perspective for me. From hearing his speech I realized that anything can happen. It gave me new hope. But nothing is going to happen; nothing is going to happen unless I work hard knowing that everything I am doing will get me to where I want to be. The funny thing is at the moment I have so many options, so many windows of opportunity that I have no idea which one to jump through. I figure, if I work as hard as I can I’ll end up where I want to be. Even now, not knowing what that may be as of yet.

Tomorrow when I wake up I will consider myself lucky to be alive, lucky to have my family and friends, and lucky for all of the opportunities that the U.S.A. has to offer. It’s not every sixteen-year old kid in this world that has the chance to go to school and have dreams and goals of being a doctor, or a teacher, or a lawyer. It’s not every sixteen-year old kid in the world that has the family and support from everyone – everywhere they go. Although I’ve heard most of my life to appreciate all the things you have and to take nothing for granted; it was until recently that I have come to my senses and have come to deeply value everything around me. With the rest of my life ahead of me, I am the luckiest person in the world and have the chance to make miracles happen.