League of Extraordinary Educators

Troy - Buda, Texas

I believe the public school system is in desperate need of some good teachers. Some are there just because they need a paycheck. Others are doing everything in their power to affect the largest number of people possible, in order to change the world one semester at a time.

I had a teacher once named Mr. Sigle back in middle school. His BCIS class counted for high school credit, which would suggest that its difficulty would be much harder than a normal class. I expected the teacher to be experienced, poise, and well prepared to teach a class. However, Mr. Sigle was not even prepared to talk in front of students. He was hardly useful enough to consider a meaningful member of society. He did not teach, he did not assert any authority; he did not take any responsibility. He just whined.

The only thing that Mr. Sigle taught me is that there are virtually no standards of qualification that determine who does and does not teach in this school district, only to be repeatedly proven to me each year I’m here. I want profound lectures with relevant information. I want confidant, credible people to be in charge of classes. I know that students can learn any subject if it is taught to them well. Students deserve teachers who want to teach.

I believe the world needs better educators to guide the mislead youth. That is why I want to teach. I figure that if there’s at least one more decent teacher out there, I can sleep peacefully.

Every awful teacher I’ve had in the past gives me motivation to become a good one myself, so that I can take matters into my own hands and fix what is broken with public school. I want to be more than a teacher, but less than a god. The C.I.A. should abandon their research in the super-soldier program and readjust their focuses by investing in the creation of the super-teacher, who can adequately teach grammar concepts and scale tall buildings in a single bound. And the Lex Luthors remaining in the system will be weeded out and eventually, there will be one massive union of incredible teachers (the League of Extraordinary Educators), and they will join forces with the Avengers and the Fantastic Four, and the world’s problems will be solved!

That is my goal. That is what I believe the world needs the most. And I will do everything I can to make that happen.