I believe everything happens for a reason

Michelle - Buda, Texas

In a day to day basis little things go wrong, but in the future of an hour I realize if that one tiny thing hadn’t of happened then, I might have been in an even bigger mess. I think about this every time something goes not as planned. Although in the end I seem to always find at least one positive effect from the mishap.

I believe everything happens for a reason. It can be something as little as my pencil running out of lead. One time during class I needed a writing utensil so I turned around to ask a new student if I could borrow one of hers. We got to talking and ended up having a lot in common. Now we are pretty good friends.

When things don’t go my way, I always try to look on the bright side and see what good I can get form the situation. About every year near November my family and I head out to Uvalde with big hopes of shooting a nice size buck. My father and I were up in the deer blind and it was twenty minutes after dusk. This beautiful eight point buck came out strutting its stuff. We couldn’t shoot him since the darkness crept up on us. It was almost as if he knew we couldn’t shoot at him. My father and I weren’t the happiest campers leaving the blind. The next morning the same gorgeous buck came out and stood right before us, like it was waiting for us. We could hardly believe it and we took our shot.

I think obstacles that happen in my life are there for the good rather than the bad. It was my sister’s birthday. We were going to bake her a cake, but of course we were missing a few key ingredients. My mother and I hurried off to H-E-B. After thirty minutes of shopping we hopped back in the car, and were heading home. I was looking through our groceries and noticed we forgot the ingredient we came for. My mom quickly, instead of going straight got into the left turn lane. An SUV pulled up beside us, where we would have been. The light turned green, and the suburban started to pull forward. Out of no where a little car came racing through the intersection and pummeled the SUV. The suburban went into a full 360. As I sat there not believing what I saw, I thought to myself, What if we hadn’t of forgotten the vegetable oil? What if I hadn’t of checked to make sure we got all the necessary ingredients? That suburban could’ve been us. It was just sitting there in the middle of the intersection, probably troubled and a bit irritated wondering, why me?

Times will get tough in my life, and through all those episodes I’m sure I can find one good thing through those bad times.