I believe

Marissa - Buda, Texas
Themes: courage

I believe

As I reached into my dark closet I quickly draw back my hand. Even though I’ve looked in my closet many times, not being able to see inside the dark whole in the wall made me uncomfortable. I felt the sense of not being invincible and like something bad could possible come of it. I walked over to my nightlight and flicked it on, then easily reached back into my closet and pulled out my favorite blue sweater.

The mere thought of something unexpected happening and me not being prepared for it, scared me to half to death. I now know that the little help from the nightlight lent a hand in helping me see what was really there. The miniature, sparkly unicorn nightlight guided me to find what I was looking for. I believe that in life everyone needs a little guidance and nobody is fearless when it comes to making life decisions.

As I grow up, I realize that being a little kid was a lot simpler then I thought at the time. Now, having to choose colleges, to think about careers and living on my own, I realize I need help succeeding. Whether or not the help comes from my mom and dad or an article in the newspaper, I need that nightlight to show me the way. I need the light to aid me fighting through all darkness and evil and find the essence of good and what will help carry me on my journey through life.

I love knowing that whether I start getting into the wrong crowd in order to fit in, or need advice about a boy I can call on my night light, my security blanket, and my guidance for help.

I may think I can conquer the world on my own, and yes maybe I can dance my way life being able to pick out the clothes I wear or what I do on my weekends; but in the end, when it comes down to it and I need to make my most important life decisions, the first thing I will do is flip on that unicorn sparkly nightlight in my head and ask myself, who can show me the way?