I Believe

Kirby - Manchaca, Texas
Themes: family, setbacks

I Believe

I believe that when you’re down you should pick your head up and keep going, even if you’re in the biggest, blackest hole that seems bottomless, just keep going.

As a young adult I have been to the high heavens and to the bottom of the swamps. I have been to funerals that celebrate the ending of a life but have also been to births that celebrate the beginning of new life.

When I was younger about seven my parents got a divorce. At the time I was nieve and didn’t really understand what a “Divorce” was. I just thought they were going to live in separate house holds for a short period of time. When it finally sank in that my parents were to never come back together and I realized that we weren’t this big happy family I thought it was the end of time. When I was down mentally from the horror of my parents split my mother, a very wise women told me, “You will find yourself in crummy, sticky situations but if you just remember to keep moving then you will find that thing will turn out okay in the long run.

During those rough, confusing, unknown years there were times that I was tired of going from different house hold to different house hold, telling people that I didn’t have a mom and dad that lived together. I just wanted to stop, quite and site. Then I remembered the word of my mother. So I looked up at the good in my life and that outweighed the bad and that’s what got me through that dark times.

Today, now that I am a young adult my parents are very happy. My mother remarried to a man that treats us with great respect and loves us with care, My father just recently got remarried to a wonderful women who makes him happy and in turn makes me happy. As for me I am a teenager that loves school, my job and most of all my parents.

One thing that makes my method of belief so easy is if you think of all the billions of people out in the world you have to know that there is someone out there that is suffering a little more than you. So be thankful for what you have and what you don’t have. Look at the positive and not the negative things in life.