Brett - Spokane Valley, Washington

My Gods

I believe that people are gods on earth, and thus should be trusted. When I think about all that I was taught in my religious studies about God the people in my life fit that perfectly, in fact, most humans I have come across are. Senior year of High School I think is when it hit the most when I formed bonds with seven very important individuals in the student government when I was president. They all seemed so powerful to me, acting as my gods when I needed. People are everything like a god, giving us our salvation when needed through forgiveness, telling us all will be okay, that society will be okay with our mistakes. I have seen people wash away the pain of death through a comforting talk, a hug, and releasing us from torment. My senior year was stressful, college, financial issues, my parents talking about divorce, and my seven friends were their, forgiving my mistakes, healing my wounds, making me laugh, giving me my salvation and the escape, helping me fix my problems, making calls to the colleges that I was too scared and too weak to do. They all empowered me, giving me the strength to move on, to stand another day like gods. I believe, you only need to look at the inner souls of fellow man to see the gods on earth.