Second Chances

Caylie - Glendale, Arizona
Themes: love

The trouble with resisting temptation is that you may never get another chance. People are going to mess up. No one is perfect. Falling for someone the first time is easy; the second time gets a little bit harder. After you give someone your love and they hurt you, it is difficult to love again.

Relationships are tricky, complicated, sensitive, and time consuming. Even though every girl knows how relationships work, they still stand in line to date the most popular boy in school, knowing how he is. Unfortunately I was one of those girls this year. I met this good looking eighteen year old through a friend this January. He had graduated in class of 07. It was like we were meant for each other. We dated all through February, March, and April. The two of us went to prom together and had the time of our lives. The weekend after prom I found out shocking news from an acquaintance that my “man” had been talking to another girl behind my back. I confronted him about it and found out that this was true. I was an emotional wreck. I ended things immediately. One minute I had all I ever wanted and the next felt like it had all been ripped out from underneath me.

As days turned into weeks and weeks turned into months, I realized that I wanted to be with him more than ever. We started talking again and agreed to be friends even though I didn’t trust him at all. I told him that if he could prove to me that he truly deserved a second chance I would be willing to working something out. Since that day he has been doing everything possible and trying so hard. I want to believe that this time will be so different than before. He will do the sweetest things for me just because and surprise me with the most adorable presents ever. This has been going on for about a month now and we have not fought once. He isn’t off the hook yet but he is gaining my trust back more and more each day.

A second chance is all about whom or what one believes deserves it. Being betrayed by loved ones is one of the worst feelings one could ever experience. It takes time to heal and recover, but at some point a person has to let go of the past and forgive what has happened. One can’t go their whole life holding a grudge about something when they could be out having the time of their life. If one has to think about giving someone another chance more than once it is most likely worth giving.