this i believe

clinton - glendale, Arizona

I believe that in no instance, should anybody, have doubt preemptively bestowed upon them.

Have you ever been told something that stuck with you from when you were told until now? There is one phrase which we all as people will hear in one way shape or form during our lives. This phrase being such a short statement, yet is riddled with nothing except ignorance and jealousy. The one thing which we will all hear through our lives, “you can’t”. As an individual you must realize that you have the power to do anything as long as that power is accompanied with determination.

The reason for someone to speak in such a negative manner is clear, they want to see people fail because they are afraid of others success. If an individual feels threatened they obviously won’t want to see another succeed, for if a person succeeds all that provides is competition for all peers. There is a specific time that I experienced this doubt my life which proves this point. It was when I was 13 years old and playing Pop-Warner football and my coach told me that he wasn’t going to be able to work with me, I was not good enough, so he sent me to the defensive side of the ball because that’s where he decided to place all of the “scrubs”. It was my first year playing so all the kids cut me in line for drills because I “wasn’t going to play”. I ended that season with a team record 16 sacks.

No one should ever let another’s thought or comment have any power over them. The main thing that I can conclude about this topic is that if someone ever really wants to do anything to better their life, they can. Not enough is said for hard work and what it can accomplish for you. In every success story there is a rocky beginning in which the person who achieved something, no matter how big or small, had to face and overcome an obstacle of doubt from a peer or superior. It’s that first step that if concurred will set up anyone on their way to accomplishing their desired task.