I Believe There is No God.

Michelle - phoenix, Arizona
Themes: atheism

In all of my years of existence on this planet there is nothing that has proved to me that there is some divine human being dictating all of our lives. I believe there is no God. People expect me to believe that there is one man who has more power than ever imagined humanly possible. That the world was created in a matter of seven days. It simply cannot be true, if one being had all of this immortal ability then why would the world be so corrupt? It is simply illogical, with a power such as forming life why would this “God” make terrible things happen to truly good people. Why would cold blooded serial killers get away with just a slap on the wrist, or why would the selfless grandmother get cancer? If there was a God why would he cause such cruel things to innocent people and no consequences for the evil ones? Heaven and hell are so disputed when in reality we are blissfully unaware of what the truth may hold. If our God made this world so corrupt then afterlife could be just the same, no bright lights or fires aflame. Perhaps it is just emptiness like an infinite abyss. I believe no one would intend for people to feel sorrow or pain or any hint of sadness. If there was a God there would still be a trace of humanity left in this vast and cold wasteland we call our world. Life itself is too complicated for a God. Life would be the definition of simplicity if there was just one creator. We would all be like robots looking the same, acting the same and feeling the same. Maybe there is something out there, something deep and powerful just like God. When I picture what “God” is, I come up with this image of a silhouette. I picture this figure pacing in a white room completely consumed by a faint light. I imagine this person peering down on the world and seeing each and every person’s life. Feeling what every person feels and being overcome by a spectrum of emotions. Then I think help us….all of us, the world, our hearts, our souls. Why aren’t our prayers answered? Or is no answer at all an answer in itself. A person could drive themselves crazy trying to figure out the world and why it is this way and who made all of this possible. We may never know the truth but it does not mean there isn’t one our there. I believe there is no proof of his existence; therefore I believe there is no God.