This I believe

mackenzie - Glendale, Arizona

I believe that all people are created equal and that with their birth they attain undeniable rights to every freedom possible. I find it extremely confusing that some people believe that they are a superior being or part of some dominant race. It seems to me that the ones who lead a life like that are in fact the inferior ones. What I mean by this is that people who feel superior either have problems with their own confidence or they have been brainwashed to some extent. The extremists in today’s world are a major cause of the problems we face as nations and individuals. The way I see it, is that all people are biologically the same so there cannot be a reason for racial superiority. Regardless of outer appearance, intelligence, race and religion we are all alike. There is not one person on the planet who is not composed of the same materials. There is no valid reason to feel dominance over another party just because of your characteristics. Race, ethnicity, skin color, heritage, religion, and physical status are not the things that make you better than others. Acceptance of these traits is what we should be using to get to know one another for who we really are. If people could just look deeper than the surface of each other our world would be a more peaceful place. People unlike yourself are not inferior to you due to their genealogy or customs. I just wish that the people in this world who have an arrogant disposition like this didn’t exist. It just complicates every aspect of our lives if we cannot agree to treat each other as complete equals, we will never advance as a species if we are trying to injure others. I have learned that the phrase “don’t judge a book by its cover” needs to be reinstated to the world. It makes me sick to my stomach that after over the course of human existence. There is no hope for the human race if we are attempting to extinguish each other over petty differences.