Hard Work

Michael - Peoria, Arizona
Themes: work

Does hard work really pay off? I believe it truly does. Hard work of course isn’t easy, and never will be under any circumstances. But in the end, it’ll make you a better and stronger person in many ways just by working hard constantly.

You can do hard work in so many diverse ways. It can be from school work, sports, your job, exercising or anything you can possibly think of. Everyone knows you usually can do things a lot harder then you usually do them. For example, running, you know you’re not going 110% and with that little and extra effort, it could improve your stamina and such.

The definition of hard work to me is Michael Phelps. You see him and you know he puts in so many hours a day and dedicate his whole life to what he does. His hard work and dedication showed in the Olympics in Beijing by all of his world records and gold medals he received for his excellence in swimming. Another person who wouldn’t be where he is today without hard work is Michael Jordan. Michael didn’t even make his high school varsity basketball team. Once that happened, he spent every day after school playing basketball and working hard on his game. Look where that put him, best athlete and best basketball player to ever live. Hard work can really make a big difference in your life.

My mom really inspires me to do the best I can and give everything at 110% and nothing less. My mom started with nothing. She lived in Bronx, New York in a very bad and ghetto area. She is so successful and she’s the reason I’m the person I am today. She works hard every single day to be able to make me a happy person and for me not to live the way she did as a kid. I am going to work just as hard when I’m older just for my kids so that they can also live a very happy life.

Hard work truly pays off no matter the circumstances. Anything you want, you can have as long as you work at it. One thing I’ve learned in life is to never give up, and I really believe, if you want it, it’s possible.