change

jake - phoenix, Arizona
Themes: change

Change is something that can make one uncomfortable and can sometimes be unwanted, but it is a necessity. I think people need to have a positive outlook on things through change and make the best out of what you have.

When my parents divorced almost everything in my life changed, but most of it was for the better. My parents were happier, I didn’t get sick of one or the other, and everything doubled. I got used to 2 houses, several cars, more vacations, and even more Christmas presents. However, I did not like how I have had so many people live with me between my parents boyfriends/girlfriends and stepmoms/stepdads. I do not enjoy how uncomfortable it feels living in the same household as someone you barely know and sometimes having to listen to their idiotic little rules or rituals. None the less, I dealt with what was put in front of me in the best way possible. I believe all the change I have experienced has made me a more versatile and easily adaptable person. Other forms of change I have been through include change of schools, moving houses, and other things along those lines. I started at Mountain Ridge last year knowing only one person and at first, it was a very awkward and stressful experience. However, I can adapt easily and made friends quickly. I have lived in countless houses since my parents divorced and it seems like I move at least once a year between the two of them. My mom always wants to move in with her current boyfriend and my dad just enjoys moving and investing in new houses.

Even if change is not always wanted it will overall make someone a better person and allow them to adapt easily. Change should not be feared but accepted because it is for the better.