Every Second Counts

Maggie - USA
Themes: carpe diem

As I’ve grown up, I was taught some very useful information and some very non useful information. There are things I believe in and things I don’t believe in. One thing that has stuck with me for a while is to cherish every minute of everyday. Let the people who aren’t going to help you go. If they aren’t supposed to be in your life, they won’t be. Throughout my life, many doors will open and close and if I make the right choices, I will walk through every door possible.

A few months ago, someone very close to me passed away very suddenly and it changed my whole out look on life. He had no idea that that last second that he was awake was his last second being alive. He took risks and had fun while he took those risks, but did he accomplish all that he wanted to do? Did he try everything he wanted to try? Did he miss out on anything?

From that happening so suddenly, I have learned not only to do everything I can, but to take my chances and challenge myself in everything I do. I won’t go anywhere in life if I always take the easy way out or rely on other people to do stuff for me. I don’t live my life for anyone but myself. I don’t want to live in the shadow of someone. I believe that I should live how I want my life to be and take the risks along with it. I need to live on the edge and be spontaneous. I won’t turn anything down without trying it first. I will never know what it is like until I put myself out there.

When I look back on my life when I get older, I want to be able to say that I tried everything that I wanted to try and did everything that I wanted to do. I don’t ever want to say, “I wish I tried this.” or “I should have done that.” I believe that you should take advantage of every minute you have.