A Kids World

Cassie - glendale, Arizona
Themes: carpe diem

Growing up I always wanted to play the mom in a game of house, or the teacher in school… but now I just wish I didn’t have to worry about where I am going to be in the next few years. I loved playing at the park, swinging on the swings and jumping off pretending I could fly like a superhero. Getting tucked in tightly by my mom and having her read bed time stories to worry off any nightmares or monsters in the closet. It all seemed so easy when the worst thing that happened was missing an episode of Arthur or a rerun of Full House. As a kid I always saw the world as one big adventure, fighting crime, having magical powers and playing silly games with my friends that made life interesting.

The best childhood memories that I had were in Virginia. The first one that stands out most to me was the summer days my friends and I would spend outside in the woods making a club. It was the perfect place to get away, it had enough space to get lost in and handmade trails by all of us that lead to our fake rooms, it was like a home away from home with all you best friends. It had a river so we could fish and a wooden swing that was nearby in the biggest tree possible, it was like our own little remote island. The second memory was not just any day it was everyday, our front yard was shaped like a baseball field, and we would play kickball and baseball there all the time. We would have so many kids outside playing it would take forever just to get to your turn in line, and sometimes even adults would play. It was something the whole neighborhood like to do and it was so much fun because I could see that everyone was happy and having the time of their life. I believe… that being a kid is the best part of a person’s life, never having to worry about the real world and just living in the moment with your friends. If I had one wish it would be to go back and visit those days when a scrape on the knee brought tears to my eyes, when the hardest thing was learning multiplication, and when all you wished for was to be all grow up. I really do believe I wasted those birthday cake candles and those shooting stars on a wish like that.