God

Angela - Glendale, Arizona

It happened so fast I don’t even know how. My body was trembling. It was over in a blink of an eye. I thought I was going to die. I didn’t know to be thankful that I was alive or at fault because I wrecked my mom’s baby. I believe in God and all of His magical beauty of the moments and the lessons He teaches us.

I woke up on June 23, 2008 as if it was just a typical hot summer day. I went to the dentist then was going to go pick up my friend from work. I was screaming at the top of my lungs to Bleeding Love by Leona Lewis when I lost control. I was driving on 83rd and Beardsley at around 1 p.m. my mini van hit the median and I swerved all the way onto oncoming traffic. At that very moment there were no cars around, I was alone and scared. I remember the van swaying back and forth and my head hit the steering wheel. At that very moment I wasn’t sure if I was going to die. I prayed to God that the car would stop and I would be alive and breathing. I knew inside of my heart that it was not my time to die; I had goals and ambitions that I had to accomplish before exiting Earth. All of a sudden the car stopped. I wasn’t sure what to do. I was in shock and wanted to wake up from this horrible nightmare. There was no one around, all of a sudden this woman appeared out of nowhere and said she would call 911. It seemed as though she was sent by someone from above to help and save me. My chin was gushing bright red blood from the impact of the scorching airbag, but that didn’t matter to me, the only thing I was worried about was my mom’s precious black van.

After a half hour my mom and sister got there and we all started crying. I knew my mom was crushed. It hurt me more than ever to see her upset and in sorrow. But I’m more than thankful to be alive. I was put through this car accident so it would teach me a lesson to be a better driver and to never have my life in danger as it was on this day. It didn’t involve anyone or anything and that is what made this such an impact on my life. I could have been at fault for killing or injuring anyone. I believe God was the one watching over me. I believe He has so much more planned for me and I’m so blessed to be alive. I believe that my life is to thank to God. It doesn’t matter where I am in my life, God is watching. He is watching to see if I make the right decisions, be a great person, and do the right things, but most importantly that I am safe.