I Believe in Peppermints

Jessica - Tipton, Indiana

I believe that peppermints can make anyone’s day a little bit better. The sugar is sweet and adds pleasantness to your day. The mint is refreshing which makes you feel revitalized and reenergized.

When my friends aren’t having a very good day, whether it’s boy trouble or just stressing out over school and work, I just get a peppermint out of my purse and give it to them. I always tell them, “Here this will make you feel better.” I think that somehow that little piece of hard candy does make your day a little bit better.

When you give someone a peppermint you show them compassion and kindness. This lets them know that someone actually cares about them and their problems they’re having. Everyone wants to be cared about. When they know they are cared about it makes them happier and gives them more self-assurance. If you’re in a better mood and have a good attitude you have a better day.

I believe that if people would just show some consideration towards one another it could make the world a better place. In today’s day and age the world can be a very harsh and tough place. All we need is a little bit of humanity and the world becomes less intimidating. Letting someone know that you care is easy, whether it’s taking a moment of your time to listen to someone else, letting someone else get the last piece of cake, or just giving someone a warm smile as you pass them in the hallway. If you show any act of kindness you could really help make the world a better place. It might not seem like much, but it can make a difference. I believe you could make a difference.