Life Should Be Simple

Tori - Tipton, Indiana
Themes: carpe diem, race

This I Believe…

I believe life should be simple. I believe life would be easier if it was simple. When things get too complicated, people make mistakes and things get more complicated. There are many things that cause my life to be complicated. These things are lying, backstabbing, being overworked, stubborn people, and racists. I have had many personal experiences from all of these.

Lying is one of my main problems that I deal with that makes things more complicated. I have had friends lie to me and it hurts our relationship and my feelings. Usually when a person lies, they keep lying and it “snowballs” and things get more and more complicated. Even if the truth was bad, the truth would be a better thing to say because it keeps people from wondering and being paranoid.

Backstabbing goes along with lying when making things complicated. I’ve experienced some backstabbing from other people and I’ve watched other people get backstabbed. It’s something that doesn’t do anyone any good. It hurts people and people who backstab others just like to make things more complicated. Life would be simpler without it.

Being overworked or having an over-scheduled day can really make things complicated. I’ve had plenty experience with being extremely busy. There have been many days where I’ve had guard, band, and volleyball all in one day and only get home to sleep. I’ve had school and volleyball games last till late at night and still have a ton of homework to get done. Being super busy does nothing but stress me out. I like it when life easy-going and laid back.

I’ve had a few bad experiences with some stubborn people. These people have anywhere from teachers to friends. They seem to not listen of have their mind made up on an unfair decision. These people cause my life and other’s lives to become very complicated. Life would be simpler if everyone listened and understood everyone else.

Probably my worst complicated problem is my racist grandparents. They don’t realize how racist they can be and that makes it even more complicated. They seem to see maybe one or two homeless people in Florida and think it’s the “bad side of town.” My grandma thinks certain names belong to certain races, like Jasmine is the name for a black girl. I know many girls named Jasmine and they are all white. I try to explain to them about what they are saying and how people take it but it makes things more complicated.

Life should be simple and this I believe. Life would be simpler without lying, backstabbing, overworked schedules, stubborn people, and racists. I’m not saying all these problems should disappear, but I’m saying these should be controlled in such a manner that it seems they don’t exist. I believe life should be simple for everyone to enjoy.