The Belief in Music

Zachariah - Colorado Springs, Colorado

I believe in music. I believe in its many art forms, and the many styles. I believe that music is a reflection of the soul, and one of the few gateways to the soul. Music unleashes feelings and emotions that are from the soul; such as relaxation, anger, self-doubt, happiness, or even passion. I believe that music is one of the few ways of healing for the soul, and healing in general. The quote “laughter is the best medicine” is quite wrong, it is not only laughter that can heal but music too. I believe that music has a strong but subtle power.

Music has the power to create memories that will last a lifetime, to create some of the most cherished memories or even recall some of the worst ones. I believe that music invokes our emotions and feelings into conscientious. It can make people feel happy or sad, and even create rage and anger. I believe that music can get a person through the worst and best times of their life. I believe music has the power to make people aspire for better, but also can inspire others. I believe that no matter what style of music, whether it is the underground rap or the sounds of international music from India, it all contains those powers.

I believe that there is no such thing as too much music. I believe in not just loving one particular style of music, because music has so much to offer from every style. I believe there is a particular style for every mood you are in. I believe that R&B and jazz is the best way to relax, and the best way to get pumped up for working out or anything else is to throw on some metal. I believe that everyone is entitled to their own preference of music; whether its reggae, hip-hop, classical, emo, or even Berry White, it all is a beautiful artwork from someone’s soul.

I believe that music is the ultimate peace. Music can bring all different types of people together, from events like prom and weddings to funerals. I believe that ignorance is no longer bliss, but rather music is bliss.