Change could kill you or make you.

Teresa - Port Charlotte, Florida
Themes: change, place

It started again. The dreaded first day of school. Only this time, I wouldn’t know anyone. There wouldn’t be hugs or the shouting of my name across the courtyard. Just the low roar of the rest of the students, who were loitering about, waiting for class to start. I was alone, isolated from everyone. I was complaisant though; this change is beneficial to the person I am today. This wasn’t the first time that I had to change schools, and presumptively, not the last.

Growing up with both of my parents in the military meant that there was going to be abundant amount of moving and change. This may have bothered me when I was younger but as I grew older, I began to see the positive aspects of this life style. I had many opportunities to integrate myself into many different cultures and meeting a wide variety of people. I had friends all over the country and even in various continents. If this isn’t significant, than what is?

More people are terrified of the thought of change than the change itself. It could be altering the way you think, act or live. The possibilities of change are never-ending. But this doesn’t necessarily mean that you have to agree with changes happening around you. You could adapt yourself to the change or resist the change and miss out on an escapade that might astound you. I believe that everyone should at least experience a number of changes in their lives. It may change you for the better or the worse. But you won’t know until you have a change for yourself. The changes might change you similar to the way they have me.

After living in one place in Texas for my whole entire middle school and most of my high school career, I had to move from one city to the next one over. Knowing this wasn’t a grand change but it still mattered because this was the first time in nearly six years that I had to move. I, for the most part, could still see my friend’s in the other city because the distance wasn’t an unconquerable one. Once I got used to the new school, I began making new and exciting friends. Some friendships lasting longer than others, but they still were people I was able to communicate with. One of my first friends there became my significant other, which made me delighted in a ways that I haven’t yet experienced before.

The point I’m trying to get across is that if I hadn’t gone through with the change, I wouldn’t have the relationships with those people today. Which has changed me in a way that would have been impossible without these confrontations. Change is excellent, even breathtaking in some cases. I believe that the changes I have gone through have made me a wonderful, and caring person and I wouldn’t change anything about myself. So here I am again, at a new school, ready to take on any new obstacles that come with this change.