A young man I like to Call Jay

Louisa - carrboro, North Carolina
Themes: love

Months ago I wouldn’t have been able to construct my self in an orderly and fashionable manner because I simply didn’t care. I wouldn’t have even seen my self writing this I believe essay because I didn’t believe in anything. I felt the world owed me something, I felt useless and unhappy until I met Jay. He shed light on my very dark life.

For the past few 5-6 years I let my self go. I didn’t have any real love in my life and I didn’t care. I dance on the edge of life hoping that my life would at least turn out half way decent. I didn’t trust anyone and I would let anyone love me either. One day on one of my occasional outings with my mother I encountered a man riding his sad little bicycle in the grueling heat of the summer. I sat in the car and laughing at the sight of this man whom I thought looked too old to be riding a bicycle. Little did I know this was a turning point in my life, but to cut a long story short, my mom ended up knowing him and inviting him over to the house. Jay laughed controllably when he met me for the first time because apparently he knew me from Facebook and had been sending me messages only to get no reply. We had a nice chat and clicked from then onwards. In a few months I was seeing changes in my attitude and so was my mom. I no longer had extreme attitudinal problems and my organization skills were improving. My communication skills with my parents were exceptional and my role in the house hold was acknowledged. I had fallen and love and was able to trust a man for the first time in my life because whenever Jay said something he came through with it; whether he had the means or not, he kept his word. Jay told me something that I always kept dear to my heart. He said,“ you can’t solve a problem by running away from it, you have to stay there and solve it before you leave and also remember, everything happens for a reason.” That piece of advice had stuck with me ever since. He made me believe in myself so much that I believed in him as well. Jay has been my inspiration ever since I met him and he is who I believe in and give my all to.