Lottie - springfield, Ohio

My family is a huge part of my life. They are my support, my friends, and the most important people I know. We are not the perfect family by any means but I believe without the family I have, I definitely would not be the person I am today.

Being the middle of three daughters, I believe while growing up it helped me to mature faster. I would watch my older sister and learn from her achievements and mistakes so when I was her age I could do the right thing so my younger sister would have a role model to look at also. As my sisters and I have grown up and matured we have become more than sisters. I know that I can go to them if I have a problem of just need to vent and they know it’s the same for them too. I believe not having support from my sisters would be absolutely devastating.

My parents are of course the main reason I am here today and have a definite role to what I believe. I have always been the more sporty girl which makes me connect with my dad on a whole other level than my sisters. “Your like the son I didn’t have” is what he would joke to me about when I wanted to go out and play catch or do something involved with sports. Being around him made me tougher I would say than my sisters when it comes to pain in sports or with my emotions. I believe having a great relationship with my dad helps me understand different views of people which in turn makes me a more rounded person.

My mom is a hard working woman, the disciplinary, cleaner, taxi and the list goes on. She has a strength in her that I hope to have when I have my own family and my life gets as crazy as hers. Of course she has her not so strong moments but that is when she comes and talks to her kids or husband to vent. No matter what the issue she seems to have an answer. When we make a mistake mom will be sure to let us know but she will also be the one to comfort us when we are upset. I believe having a mom that is involved with her family is the best mom anyone could have.

I believe if one of my family members were not in my life, I as a mature young adult would not have the personality or ambition I do today. I believe family is where friends are made and love is grown and without love a family is not a family rather just people that know each other.