This I Believe We Forget so we can Remember

Errin - Louisville, Kentucky

We forget so we can Remember

This I Believe….“We are all on our own journey whether we know it or not” words of Louise Hays. When I first heard those words I understood this to be true for myself. My life was going on with or without me!

I reflect back on my life of all those miracles I called mistakes. That’s all I knew was All the mistakes that I had made and how I continued to make more and more mistakes. One day I decided to ask GOD, as a friend and I was driving down the road, “What is it you want me to do?” That very day was the quickest answer I have ever gotten or actually gotten from GOD; that I remember anyway. The car in front of us had a bumper sticker that said “Depend On God” My friend was just shocked and decided to follow the car down the road. I said to my friend “you really need to quit following that car, I believe we got the message.” She finally decided to end her tail on the car after it pulled up at Walgreens. That was probably over 2 years ago and my life has changed drastically since that day.

Did I depend on God after that day! Well, I did not but I often remember that day as I continued to struggle on my journey of so called mistakes. How could I trust someone I did not know. GOD! I continued to do it my way because I had no idea on how to let go and trust. People always failed me and GOD was never there but…deep down I knew that was not to be true but I did not know why.

Gradually I started to wake up and come out of the coma I had been in and thoughts started to occur to me, truths about myself , I started to recognize the reflection in the mirror. I started paying attention to my life on a conscious level hoping to make better decisions. Then one day it came to me …We forget so we can remember!

Today, I understand that statement very well. I read it some where but don’t remember from whom or what (thinking Course in Miracles) but I remember the message it gave me. Those mistakes were actually Miracles of rememberance so I could one day wake up and know my true self and my purpose in this life. Today, I still have fear and doubt my will and wonder what is Gods’ will but sometimes you just have to take it as it comes.

It has been that way for thousands of years and if we saw the big design and had it all laid out we would just question it – doubt it – and forget it anyway! Until it enters our heart with conviction and it becomes incomprehensible, we are then on our way home. I say WE because it takes all of us to come home, we don’t leave anyone behind, Oneness is the key to GODS’ heart.

I am just getting started on this journey of mine and today I am awake and hope to help others forget so they can remember their true self as I continue to learn mine.