In a Relationship Change is Inevitable

Michael - Sterling, Virginia

When I realized that in a relationship change is something that you cant avoid I was only 17 years old, weird yes I know but no one ever said that age was required to notice something true about a relationship. Its bad the way I found out but in a way its kind of good because at least I know what to do if this situation ever comes up again. See when I would date a girl and things would end up going wrong and we would break up I would look at all the good qualities I liked in her as well as the bad ones for the next girl. After I would find those good qualities I liked I would go and try and find a girl who had those exact qualities and more but it never seemed to work out.

Then I meet this beautiful wonderful girl who was the complete and total opposite of everything that I was looking for. For some odd reason the fact that she was opposite or different, as I like to say, attracted me to her. We were so different that even down to the littlest thing like holding hands a certain way. We would argue almost every single day which really got to both of us and neither of us were willing to change. It ended up with us not being with each other or so we thought. We missed each other every day that we didn’t talk or didn’t see each other and it got to a certain point were we couldn’t hold it in anymore and ended up telling the other person. When we realized that we felt the same about each other still we came to the conclusion that even though neither of us wanted to we had to if we wanted to be with each other, we had to change the way we were.

Right now were back together we were given another chance at happiness and this time both of us are determined to not messes it up. So in the end I believe that change is inevitable in a relationship. If you want things to be close to perfect you always have to change something weather it be something little or something big, something always changes. I’m just glad that the thing that changed is keeping us together and not taking us apart.