Crayola Crayons

Kacie - Fort Ann, New York

Crayola Crayons

I believe that a box of Crayola crayons is the most beautiful thing in the world. All the colors put together in that big box, all beautiful in their own way. Crayola crayons not only look different than other brands of crayons, they stand out, they have perfection about them that others do not have. They are very smooth and flow on the paper with a sort of ease. Whenever I may use Crayolas to color a picture. I take pride in what I am doing; I don’t rush though it, I take my time and enjoy every second.

When I was eighteen years old I went to the capitol building in Albany with a leadership group. We were invited to sit in on an Assembly session. While I was sitting there, I noticed the diversity of all the Assemblymen. There where some young, some old, a variety of different races and different religions evident, all busy working together. They all have different backgrounds that make up and distinguish who they are, and yet they all get along very well. They don’t put looks or feelings in front of what they are there for.

The Assemblymen are like the Crayolas in the box, due to the fact that they stand out on their own, and yet, they make a difference in what they do. A large box of Crayolas has dividers to separate the groups of colors, just like the Assemblymen are divided into Republicans and Democrats. Yet, even though they may have different views on things, they still have to come together to help the people in the state whom they serve. The Crayolas make a picture better by adding something to it that attracts your eye.

There are many colors and many diverse people all around us and they are all beautiful and add a little bit to the world. Even while one particular color may not be your favorite one, maybe it’s the one you shove way in the back of the crayon box, it could be the one that will add the right touch to your final picture.