What it Takes

Jordan - Fort Ann, New York
Themes: carpe diem

What it takes:

I believe in living life to the fullest, living your life how you want to and not how other people want you to. Living your life how you want to is what I think is living life to the fullest means. As an 18-year-old student, I am trying to do this right now. I have been listening to adults for what seems like the longest time. So now that I am a young adult I am able to live my life how I want to because of the responsibilities that have been now given to me.

These few past years I feel I have been wasting my time by working and working and working somewhat for my own benefit, but mostly because I felt like I had to please and impress all of the other adults in my life. Now that I am living my life to the fullest, I’ve decided to party more and work less. I ended up quitting my job because, I loved being around my friends and partying so much. Now I realized I have kind of hurt myself because I have spent all my money on beer and other things and I am not making any money.

I believe that living life to the fullest is going to need to include making money at a job I like while still having a lot of fun. Doing this is going to take some growing up while still being a kid at heart because being a kid at heart gives you the will to go to work and listen to a boss and it also reminds you to have fun because life is more than working. Even the tough times are a good experience for young adults because life can teach you and remind of what’s important. I realize that if I don’t have the will to be an adult, carrying all of the responsibilities I will not make it in the real world. This actually had taught me to be more responsible with my actions.

Learning is the key to life. It’s not just the amount you learn; it’s how fast you learn it. The sooner learned, the sooner the benefits start to show. The knowledge you learn in your teen years is like a tool to help guide you through out your life. Living life to the fullest is what I believe in.