Winging It

Jessica - Fort Ann, New York

Winging it!

I believe in winging it because, well, I am a fairly lazy person. I won’t walk two feet to get a cookie because I don’t want to stand up. I think stressing out about work is a complete waste of energy and it will cause heart attacks when you’re older if you have too much stress. Stress is not a fun thing to deal with. Over analyzing everything you do will stress you out. Flaws are fun to deal with.

In the tenth grade we had this huge World War II essay about how Hitler took over Germany. My whole essay was about how Hitler was insane but the German people thought he sounded good. The whole essay took me about fifteen minutes, when it usually takes me a half an hour or longer, for an essay that was less than a page long. Though I took no time on my essay, the fact that I winged the whole essay while watching TV and listening to music while my close friend spent about three hours and it was like five pages long and he got a worse score than I did and he probably wasn’t multi-tasking. I basically laughed at him for it. I got a high ninety on an essay I spent no time on because I did not stress out and try to make it perfect. The essay was just randomly written and I winged it while my friend freaked and stressed. I thought he was going to get an ulcer because he was so stressed. He tried to make his essay perfect but everything has some flaws in it. I laughed as he kept trying to get other people to edit it like a hundred times because you can only correct something so much. I was having fun as he stressed about everything, well actually the whole class was stressing about it while I was just having fun watching everyone else. My friend yelled at me for not caring about the essay that much, I just asked why he was stressing out for no reason. I usually will not stress on many things. Sometimes less is more because you don’t want to use knowledge that might not be definite.

I believe in winging things that are not life altering. The fact is that if you try to perfect everything you will stress about it because if you put in so much effort to accomplish what your doing and you fail, it will cause you all the more pain in knowing you actually tried and failed miserably. However, if you just wing it and fail, you will be fine about it. I mean, look at this essay; I completely winged it. At least I won’t get fat off that Oreo that I was too lazy to get.