Everyday Cosmology

Deborah - Esparto, California
Themes: science

Everyday Cosmology

I believe Truth is revealed through direct experience. For example, all my life, before yesterday afternoon, that is, I had experienced Time as passing. You know, past, present, future, and all that. However, today all that changed. Seemingly out of the blue, unbidden, I had a most unusual experience. Instead of experiencing Time as passing, I experienced Time as a dimension identical to Space. I move through Time exactly how I move through Space. It doesn’t move, I do. This may sound strange, but it was fascinating. My husband, a scientist by trade, enlightened me about both Time and Space. He said they actually do both move, but they are so unfathomably vast that we can’t actually perceive their movements. Wow!

As I played around with my brand new cosmic perception, the philosopher-theologian in me realized that what’s really important about Time, and Space, is not whether they move or not, but rather how we choose to move through them.

Later in the evening my cosmology lesson deepened. For a split second I actually experienced a yearning to get out of Time and Space. There was a sense of fatigue and a yearning for release from the very long walk of life. Double wow!