The Power of Vision

Bob - Scottsdale, Arizona
Themes: humanism

I believe deeply in the power of vision to change our lives. From earliest times, humans have imagined a future world and then sought to transform their existing world, sometimes for good, sometimes for evil.

But the transformative power of a vision that touches the deepest human desire to be a part of something greater than one’s self can change the world. There have been religious visions of life to come, secular-political visions of what life on earth can be, and secular visions like the United States Constitution that seems to accomodate human nature in ways that allows non-conformity in large part.

The vision I have in mind is of a world where equity rules for the most part, where every human being– in what’s been termed the ‘race of life’– starts at the same place, regardless of who they are or what they have or don’t have. Whether the win or finish the race is up to them, and no one else.

I see a world where we treat the planet and its life with respect and a certain reverence, where the things we do maintain and improve our eco-systems and life in general.

I see a world today that is rife with problems, yet those problems are opportunties with an inspiring vision of what the future can be — for all of us. Human vision is the most powerful force there is in the lives of humans. What is your vision and what are you going to do about it?