Life

Stacey - USA
Themes: love, setbacks

This I Believe…….

This I believe that everyone finds the one love someday. I am 29 years old and I finally found the one I will spend the rest of my life with.

It may have taken me this long, but he truly is the one for me. I have had a lot of bad relationships in my past. I was with my first true love for 5 years on and off. He drank a lot and did drugs. He would steal money from me to buy his drugs. He would never come home, and with that he always cheated on me. We had our son together, so I thought that that would help in making him just want to be with me. But no such luck, he continued to drink, do drugs, and cheat. He ended up going to prison for awhile.

After that disaster of a relationship, I fell in love again. I stayed with this man for 7 years. He controlled my life. I was not able to anything with out his permission. He told me when to go shopping, and when to visit my own family. I was not allowed to spend holidays with my family. I could not go get the mail, drive a vehicle, and spend my own money that I made at my job. All my money got deposited into his account, where only his name was on it. After a few years he began to beat me and force me top have sex with him when I didn’t want too. I would get punched, kicked, and choked when he didn’t like what I did or even said. I ended up getting pregnant with our daughter, and he continued to beat me while I was pregnant. I got thrown into the bathroom, hitting the toilet paper holder right in the middle of my back. I stayed with him for our daughter’s sake. After three years, I could not take it anymore. I told him that I didn’t love him, and could not stand living with him any more. He threw me around the house and yelled at me all night. He took all the cash out of my purse and my keys so I couldn’t go anywhere. He told me that I couldn’t leave him, and that if I tried he would kill me and them himself because he would not sit in prison for me. In the morning, he took me to work. After work, he came and picked me up. He asked if I was over my fit, and I said “NO”. So he dropped me and both of my kids off at my parent’s house, with only the clothes on our backs. I then called the police. The police got some of my things from him, and he went to jail for a week. I had to put a restraining order on him. He followed me for awhile, but then finally stopped. I haven’t been with him for five years now. I barely see or speak to him.

I have been with the one I love for 4 years now. He treats me the way a person should be treated. We are getting married in May, and are truly meant for each other.

It may take years and years, but eventually you do find the one!