my life as an immigrant

Erik - Draper, Utah
Themes: immigrant

In my life I had to deal with many difficulties, the first and worst of all, is that English is not my native language, and sometimes is very frustrating, I mean, there’s so much I want to say, to others, so much I want to learn from others, so much I would love to other’s to know about me, unfortunately for me, I have to deal with the everyday phrase “can you say that again” or “ what do you mean by that”, trust me when I say that is a lot more frustrating for me not been able to articulate the words the way I want to say them, or not to make sense for you, than for you not to understand what I’m trying to tell you and the worst of all is that you are ashamed to correct me when I miss pronounce a word, trust me I sat that I want you to correct me, I’m impatient to know more, imagine me when I’m try to say were is the bathroom, trust me, it is me when I said that is me the one who suffer the most. Or when you think that I’m stupid because I have to read the material two or three times for it to make sense to me, when in fact it only takes you only ones to browse through any writing and give an opinion about it. Please think twice when you call me lazy because it takes me twice the time to do my homework that what it take you, remember I most likely have to have a dictionary and a translator by me to probably make sense in a writing or in my work and I have to rewrite most sentence so they can be put together and make sense for anybody to read. I’m not asking you for commiseration, compassion or pity, I just want you to understand that I’m also human bean like you,

I still feel pain, and I also laugh, I’m not from another planet, but trust me when I said, I’m doing my best for you to get to know me, and know that I also can be your friend, give me a chance to get to know you, you will find that deep inside I’m just like you.