bullying

kathy - Sandy, Utah
Themes: injustice

I believe that any form of bullying is wrong. The word bullying is just another word for harassment. Bullying can be physical or verbal. Bullies do not pick on you for something that you did. They pick on you because of the way they feel. Some people bully as a way to be popular, to just show off or to intimidate you into doing things.

I believe there are many students that stop going to school because of a bully or bullies. This is not fair, everyone is entitled to an education free from harassment. Bullying often does not stop after High School graduation. It can continue into the work force if allowed, causing many to cover down or to quit their jobs.

When my youngest daughter was going to school, her best friend was harassed every moment of everyday. As the bullying became worse I noticed that she started to withdraw from many public activities and coming over to our home. I asked my daughter what was going on and she said that the girls at school were calling her friend names and physically hurting her. As time went on, I never saw this friend again, and had heard that she dropped out of high school. Also I had heard that she tried to commit suicide several times. There are some things victims of bullying can do, so that they aren’t totally helpless. They can tell someone, walk away, do not respond, try not to be alone where the bully can get to you, do not fight back ( it might make the matter worse) , and write down the incidents, so that you have proof. Always remember that you are worth more than anything a bully may want to take away from you. I just wish that bully’s would realize what they are doing to other people and how it affects their lives.

If I could make one wish, it would be to end bullying everywhere. I think it would change the world.