Sean - Huntington, West Virginia
Themes: carpe diem

“Follow your dreams”, yes it is a cliché saying but in most respects very good advice. Sometimes I wonder if my life will ever be quite the way I wanted it to be. I often find myself thinking of past regrets, wishing I could somehow go into the past and fix them. One should never dwell on the past though, because you might miss the future. The past cannot be changed but the future always can. Remember this life is fragile, most times short, and often people don’t live how they want, wasting the one and only life they have.

Everyone has their own dreams and ambitions; personally I have a dream to one day live in California. Make a list of these dreams and start living them, because without dreams life loses meaning, becoming a redundant self-inflicted hell. Often, people do not even attempt living their dreams, mainly because they do not have the money but what is money without happiness? That is also why people should work for their passions not just for the money. Life was never intended to be miserable. It is already not that long; why not make the time here as enjoyable as possible?

Life is too short; not even a minute of it should be wasted. As the saying goes “you only live once”. Often people’s lives are full of missed opportunities and regrets; if it were changeable why not change it? Start living life for the fun of it, and make life worth living. A majority of people just glide through life without taking any risks, missing out on everything. So next time one of those opportunities comes up be sure to go for it. Who knows when everything might come to an end?

No one lives forever so why act like it; treat every moment as if it were the last, because it could be. Life is a delicate state of being; think about this at any moment: any one could die where they stand. A large number of people have berry aneurysms and do not even realize it; if a berry burst it is an almost instant death. One case I am fimilar with is an elementary school cook, from the school I attended, died from one. Showing no symptoms, she collapsed while preparing lunch. Think how much better life would be if it were lived to the fullest; true it might shorten life to take such chances, but I would rather live 15minutes of excitement compared to 15years of boredom. Life only last a minute, while death is forever.

So remember to follow those dreams, because life is too short and no one knows when it might just end. Why let life be full of missed chances? Start living it the way it should be. Keep in mind that life is only worth living if it is made worth living.