Vival lifespan of 120 years is possible

GuoGuang - Chicago, Illinois
Age Group: 65+
Themes: nature, science

Vival Lifespan of 120 Years Is Possible

As The Guinness Book of World Records recognized, the oldest person Jeanne Calment, a French woman, lived to be 122 years old. The other oldest person Shigechiyo Izumi, a Japanese man, lived to be 120 years old. It tells us that the human lifespan of 120 years is possible. I believe many of us will live to 120 years in the near future. It is not a dream.

However the fact that most people don’t live so long. I think is a result of not taking care of their health scientifically and effectively. In other words, they were inadequate or deficient in some aspects of their life. For example, Jeanne smoked. If she had not smoked, she would have lived even longer. Shigechiyo died of pneumonia. Actually, pneumonia can be prevented and cured in a good hospital. For me, I feel I am more energetic than ten years ago even though it should be worse for a 76-year old man. I credited this to my eating healthy food and swimming everyday in recent years. I am interested in an amazing example of a cancer survivor, Qi Su. He was diagnosed with liver cancer and operated on 20 years ago. Liver cancer is one of the most deadly cancers. Since then, he started to eat healthy food. Now he is 60 years old and recently was promoted as the Secretary-General of National Defense in Taiwan. Actually, he got extra 20 more years in his life. If he had paid more attention to his health earlier, he would likely not have gotten cancer and could have expected to live much longer. It tells us that extending one’s lifespan 20 more years is not a big deal.

I believe most diseases come from the mouth. As you know, diabetes and obesity are usually caused by overeating. Stroke and heart attack are always caused by high blood cholesterol that results from eating too much meat and fat. Smoking and junk food are risk factors of cancer. So what is healthy food ? Based on my knowledge, healthy food should be less meat and fat, eating until satisfied never full, eating plenty of fresh vegetables and fruits, which contain anti-oxidants and fiber. Anti-oxidants can clear toxic substances in your metabolism processes

After carefully reviewing my experiences and studying, I‘ve realized that maintaining a healthy life is a comprehensive commitment. Routine life style is very important for health. Exercise everyday, sleep enough time (7-8 hours a day), regular bowel movement, drinking plenty of water, daily supplement of multi-vitamins, keeping positive mood, reducing your stress, enjoying your

family, your job and your life, preventing any bad habit, like smoking and drinking too much

alcohol, and all others are good for your health. In addition, you need a regular check up, since earlier detection of most non-symptomatic diseases, like cancer, hypertension and diabetes can be completely controlled.

In essence, you need to pay close attention to your health. If you realized that nothing is more important than staying healthy, if you do your best to protect your body, I believe you could live 120 years or more. Love and take care of your body! Enjoy your healthy and happy life!