The power of my believe

Jillian - Yangon/Yangon/, Myanmar
Themes: setbacks

The Power of My Belief

The sport, softball, gives me many important things that are essential for a person who wants to attain social standing. I love playing softball because I want to become a healthy person, to have many friends and to know how to work and play with many people. Charlie Brown said that “If you play softball, you will laugh everyday.” Have you played softball to have fun and for relaxing?

I like playing softball because it helps my health to become stronger. When I was young, I was usually sick. One day, my father told me to play softball. At first, I couldn’t stand on weariness but I made a decision to play it. After playing softball for two months, my decision was disappeared because I didn’t want to be tired and a healthy person. Shelley Long said that “If you don’t quit, don’t cheat and don’t run home when trouble arrives, you can only win.” When I heard that, I practiced softball with might and main. So, softball could improve my health and then I became a healthy person.

Moreover, softball not only helps my health but also gives me many friends. By the time I was 12 years old, I talked to a girl but she didn’t reply and she stared at me. From that time, I was afraid to speak with strangers. After two years, a player from other girls’ team came and talked with me. She was friendly, she took me to her friends and introduced with them. That day, I got many friends and I wasn’t afraid to talk with others anymore. I usually cheered for my friends and others because I wanted to have many friends. There is a saying that “If you want to cheer yourself up, you should try cheering someone else up.” When I cheered for others, I was really enthusiastic. They also cheered me back. Therefore, people noticed me and became friends with me. Nevertheless, I recognized that playing softball makes me to know how to work and play with others. I would like to tell you about my experience. My new softball team started playing softball in 2005 and we were in a second place from the bottom. My team didn’t have teamwork that is main thing for all team sports. During last year, my team was united because we practiced and played softball together and we also had teamwork. After our team had been united, we won several games. Playing games with many people isn’t easy but one thing is that all players should understand each other and have teamwork.

I know that I am a healthy person, I have many friends and I learn how to work and play with people. I would like to say this “If you want to attain social standing, you should play softball.” Whatever softball is important for everybody or not, it is essential for me. I believe in softball. I feel that softball also believes me.