I Believe in the Power of Asking Questions

Immanuel - Raleigh, North Carolina
Themes: question

I believe in asking questions. All through middle school and high school I sat in class pretending to know what my teacher was talking about. Everyone around me asked questions and I looked at them as if they were less intelligent than me for it. Even when they were asking a question that I too needed the answer for.

All through life we go through learning processes that don’t always appeal to the mind and we don’t always understand. It is a part of life. It is our decision to either find out what we don’t know or just leave it as a question mark. Me-I believe that asking questions is the key to knowledge. Even the smartest people in the world had to ask questions to get where they are. There are many situations where men get lost and do not want to ask how to get to their destination, only to make themselves seem more manly or whatever the case may be. They may spend pointless hours searching for their destination when all they have to do is ask a simple question.

Why? How? Where? When? What? Those are all ways to elaborate on an explanation. Asking those questions can only bring you closer to a more specific and precise answer. On exams, when there is a yes or no question, they always follow up with,” and if so, why.” This is because of the simple fact that a simple yes only leaves mystery and curiosity in the midst.

People don’t realize how important it is to ask questions. Without asking questions, people can be lead forward towards intellectuality only to be caught up in a bind. To every locked door, there is a question to unlock it. My question to you is- do you have the guts to ask a question?