Freedom of Decision Making

Torez - Wilson, North Carolina
Themes: freedom

The one thing I believe in is freedom of decision making. For instance, I feel as though every man has the right to own themselves or have an option. Every man should be entitled to or have the privilege to make the decision regarding his/her working status. If a human being wants to label himself as a slave and work for nothing what so ever then he should have that right. He shouldn’t have to work against his will. Freedom is a very essential necessity, although certain groups of people have abused the item.

Although, freedom is very important and it should be respected among others, it can be taken based on experiences. I do however feel as though if one performs an action in which they violate the law then prison should be the result. Prison isn’t a bad thing because it limits one’s freedom because they made a bad decision which put them there. Anytime a person violates another’s privacy then consequences should be paid.

Prison is a good punishment however, I feel as thought the death penalty isn’t necessary. I believe in prison as a limitation of freedom, but death penalty is something I don’t agree with. This is wrong because no person or group should have to right to determine someone’s right to live. I personally feel as though God has the only judgment to take one’s life. This is totally wrong and it bothers me to know that a system is okay with taking one’s life because of the certain decision making. Prison is one thing but death row is on a whole other level. Just because one commit’s a crime and takes someone’s life the government shouldn’t commit another crime by taking that persons life. Its like they are committing the same crime that they’re executing someone for.

The other type of people who are enabled decision makers are the mentally impaired. I feel as though their condition differs from convict and working men. It is sad that their situation is the way that it is, but you must face the truth. They aren’t able to make healthy decisions. These type of people are already in danger because of their situation, and then on top of that making their own decisions would really threaten the world. I honestly feel as if these type of people are no better nor no less than anyone else on the face of this earth but, you have to monitor these types of people.

The freedom of decision making is so important it gives one self independency. It gives or makes one confident that the world trusts their judgment and expect them to make the right decision about the things that will affect thier lives. However certain individuals make it hard for others by not being smart and having their privileges taken. These people are usually granted crimes for a certain amount of time to help them realize their rights and some aren’t even given the chance.