Friendship

Ashley - Cullowhee, North Carolina

In everyone’s life I think they should have at least one good friend; weather it be a sibling, a parent or grandparent, relative, or some one that you meet in school like I did or through someone else. When you have friends meet different people and build a better understanding of others.

Kaleigh was a white girl with long brownish blond hair; she was really smart. We became best friends because we were in the same class. She was really like my first best friend because we did everything together. She was the one that introduced me to Alternative and country music.

In the forth grade I met this girl name Krystal. She was really cool she was from like Maryland so she had a really cool accent. One time Krystal had a sleep over for her tenth birthday party. Krystal had a thing for Tweety bird so I got her this stuffed Tweety bird as a gift, and she thanked me by giving me a gift too. It was this Taz pillow; this is where my Taz fetish began that I still have to this day.

Lauren was also a white girl with reddish blond hair. She loved animals so she had like five great dang’s, twenty cats and about ten other animals. I developed the love for animals when we became best friends because I was always around them when I was with her.

Next was Toccara. I met her in the sixth grade at Jackson Middle school. She was really quite; and knew how to keep her cool. She showed me my way around the school and introduced me to a lot of people. She taught me that it’s cool to be on chill mood some times.

Whitney was multiracial and had a really big family; she lived by the corner story in my neighborhood. Her family and my family became one family so it was like we were sisters instead of best friends. We started up a gospel singing group and by us doing so I was exposed to different churches and it brought me closer to god.

Jasmen was like me but in a different body. We’ve been through a lot together births, deaths of family members and friends, family issues; really anything you can think of. By me being Jasmen friend it taught me that I’m not the only one that feels certain ways and that it’s ok to cry some times.

Now Erika and I are like total opposites some times. She is more like the girly girl and I’m the little tom boy; oddly we are like the same person. It’s like we have this connection but it’s really freaky.

Friendship is something I cherish and hold dear to my heart. I think you need friendship because it opens your view about all different types of people and things.