I Wouldn’t Change a Thing

Greg - USA
Themes: forgiveness

I BELIEVE THAT WE LEARN FROM OUR MISTAKES. Or for that matter we get smarter from our mistakes. Everyone has their limit, and everyone has their own self-satisfaction. No one can tell you this is bad for you if you know how it makes you feel.

It started when pot became a big topic surrounding me and my friends. We didn’t know how easy it was to obtain, and how great it would make our Friday nights. I speak for myself when I saw if I could change everything I did in the past, I wouldn’t change a thing.

After the show we knew how to end the night, a quarter ounce, a 3 chamber bubbler, and a night devoted to music. Everything was going great until my friend’s dad comes out of no where and immediately had us right where he wanted us. We all knew the night died young and we were in for hell. Screaming and yelling at us like we were some murderers with the weapons in our hands his dad demanded us to empty our pockets and give him everything we had. His dad looks at me and tells me to get up against the wall while he pats me down as if I had just robbed a convenient store and was about to be taken away in a patty wagon. Trying to get his dad to get a grip my friend tries to calm his father down but there was no point in that. I could tell his dad didn’t get out much as a teenager and probably didn’t do much in college just by the way he referred to our pot as “reefer.” His dad went upstairs and we were all disappointed about the way our fun-filled night had just come to a tragic ending. We were given orders by the “man upstairs” to leave at 8:30am and not minute later. We all just wanted to leave now and try to find another bag and go back to another friend’s house but we all knew it wasn’t possible after what just happened. I thought to myself about the night and how I needed to smarten up. I had a future ahead of me yet nothing to achieve. I thought about my band and how we had something going yet I hadn’t tried to put us out there. Things needed to change and I was going to be the first to do so.

My friends thought I was crazy but I didn’t care. This was my life I had in the palm of my hands and no one else could tell me how to live it. Some people look at me now as the kid who just smokes pot all day and does nothing. But like I said before, if I had a choice to change everything I did in the past…I wouldn’t change a thing.