I Believe Illnesses Can Change The World

Amber - Tucson, Arizona

Many people don’t pay attention to what they have infront of them. People could be selfish or cruel and have no care in the world to be alive. These people who have only had colds or the measles think that it is the worst of all the illnesses when it isn’t even long lasting. People with illnesses like AIDS or even Cancer appreciate the lives they live. They don’t mind if they had a bad day or someone doesn’t like them. The common flu doesnt worry them for they have bigger things to worry about. People with diseases without a cure take everyday and make it the fullest.

They remember the days when they were like everyone else. Not caring for the small things like living in a sheltered house. As they are diagnosed with the illness that can change their whole world their perspective on everyday life changes as well.

The smallest of illnesses bring out the best in people. I would know because i have once had no care for the distruction of the environment or for all the things i owned. All i wanted was to receive gifts. I never thought of how a house to me was worth a million dollars to a person to poor to even buy food. It all changed when i found out i was diagnosed with Ulcurtive Colidose after spending two weeks in the hospital. The fear of dying or never being the same rushed to me instantly. As days passed i started to pray to God more and more. Rather than every other week or when i remembered. The faith had also filtered into my loved ones as they found out about my disease. This made me appreciate life as it was and had me thanking God everyday for all i had in my life. I spent hours thinking of ways to help the environment or even a simple person in need.

The illnesses experienced by millions of people have changed so many lives. I believe all people should be diagnosed with an illness for atleast a day. This would teach them how it felt and they will learn to love the life they have and be happy with what they have. I believe illnesses are a powerful part of our living and can help us change the world.

I believe illnesses can have a horrifying ending or can make it hard to make it through each day. But i knowthat illnesses have had a toll on our people, changing one and hopefully all. These illnesses are a part of life for alot of people. I believe we should learn to appreciate all we have and never underestimate the powers of all things good and bad.