I Believe a Home Brings Happiness

Marcos - Grover Beach, California
Themes: family, place

I believe a home brings happiness, and a great deal of memories that can’t be forgotten. I always believed the home brings that sense of pride. My parents dreamed of owning their very own home since they came from Mexico. Buying a home would mean to them that they reached the American dream.

I’ve always dreamed of having a home of my own. A home on top of a hill with twenty acres and with a palm tree entrance like that to a Roman palace. The garden to be filled with exotic plants like I stood in the Amazon. The backyard should to look like green waves of grass, only to realize that they were beautiful mountains. The inside of the home should be like a Middle Ages castle surrounded with elegant design.

My dream house is just a dream. To get there it takes a lot of hard work. Who wouldn’t love to have amazing holidays and parties? So far I haven’t made any moments. I believe a home brings these moments, as if I won the NBA Finals. Bringing a newborn or a wife to my home would create a moment to never forget.

My parents and I have worked hard to get a home. The struggle that we have gone through to get our home has made us stronger. The sacrifices that we have surpassed has given us the happiness we deserve. My parents and I have reached the American dream. Now I feel like I can conquer the world.

My home is only a few steps away from glory and from making wonderful memories with my family. Although I have a home I think about the people that sleep on the street, with nowhere to go. If my home were a castle I wound give each homeless person a room to stay. I appreciate what I have and what I’ve worked for. This feeling is pushing me to help the people with no home to go. I want them to feel the same happiness I felt when I got my home.

When I go to bed and close eyes I imagine all those without a home in a palace of their own. I know it’s just a dream, but I will work hard to help the less fortunate. I believe a home brings happiness and endless memories that anybody would want. Sometimes I feel lucky of having a home to go to everyday, but I realize it was hard work and the sacrifices my parents and I made to get where we are. Now my family and I share moments we all will never forget.