I Believe In Famlily Time

Lashella - Grand Rapids, Michigan

I believe in making time for my family. I am a single parent of two daughters. One is 18 and the other one is 17 years old. I believe in putting their needs first. I believe this because they are still at the age where they are very impressionable. With all of the things going on in the world like the internet, boys, catty girls, and school, it’s hard for them to stay focused. That’s where I come in as mom. I am always trying to give my girls the best advice about life.

I want them to grow up trusting in their abilities to make sound decisions for themselves with confidence that the right choices were made. Spending time with my girls keeps me young at heart. We enjoy cooking, laughing, shopping, traveling, and talking about boys/men. My daughters’ come to me about everything. There aren’t many secrets among us. I really enjoy the honesty between us. Sure, I’m not so naive to think I know all of their secrets. I have assured them that it is okay to have one or two secrets kept to yourself. I’m this way with them because I couldn’t talk to my parents about everything that was going on with me and I wanted to have that.

So I think my relationship with my daughters is very strong. And they feel comfortable talking to me. That’s one of the ways I know that the bond is there. And that makes me love everyday being a mom.