Everything Happens for a Reason

Cristina - Santa Maria, California

Everything happens for a reason. In my life I believe everything happens for a reason because of what happened in my life that made me think that way. I use to think that everyone had a reason to be here, but that somehow some people like me didn’t realized that. On April 14, 2007 everything changed for me. I was supposed to go on a road trip that five of my friends and me had planned. My life changing experience starts here. It was a chilly Saturday morning when I was supposed to wake up around 5 am, but for some strange reason I didn’t go on my trip because my alarm phone didn’t go off and my family members didn’t wake me up knowing that I was going with my friends. After I woke up three hours later, I was really mad because my friend had been calling me, but I never picked up my phone and they left. When I called my friends and I told them what had happened, they told me it was ok and that we were going to take another trip together. I somewhat calmed down.

For some reason, all day I couldn’t stop thinking about the trip and how it would be if I had gone, but I was going insane just thinking about not being there. I didn’t talk to my friends for the rest of the day. I went to sleep that night, but when I woke up the next day I didn’t know my life was about to change. When friend’s mom called me she was crying. Inside my heart told me something really had happened. When she told me that my friends had gotten into a car accident and that my best friend had died instantly at the accident I felt like someone just had thrown a bucket full of cold ice water so cold it was burning me inside. I couldn’t think about anything but his contagious laughter and his gorgeous smile. Even thought I wasn’t in the accident, my soul and body felt so sore like if a big bulky truck had ran me over and changed my life completely.

For some reason, God didn’t want me to go through that. God only knew my life had to continue and not end there. At that point, I realized that my life had more value than I thought it had. Not just to have fun like I thought.

Now I go out and party but always in the back of my mind I keep thinking that everything happens for a reason and that our lives could end in one second. We should live life to the fullest and never regret anything in life. I know that God saw in me a future and gave me an opportunity to see things different.