The power of a hug

Jesus - santa maria ca 93458, California

I believe in the power of a hug

I believe in the power of a hug. A couple years ago, when I was in high school, there were days in life when I felt very lonely and depressed there was a time that I would think to myself that there was not a point in being alive anymore. One day was walking to my cooking class, I was strolling with my head down just depressed like always as this girl that I had just met in my cooking class comes up to me and gives me a hug, and asks me “ How are you?” Ever since then I found out that a hug has an amazing power that made me feel good, important and that I was not, just there, like I had always thought. A hug has an amazing power.

I remember when I was a little kid and I would always be with my parents all the time, and every time I would go out I would give my parents a hug, before I left no matter if it was out the door. I never realized how powerful a hug was until many years later when I had stopped giving my parents hugs, because it was not cool anymore or I thought that I did not need one anymore, but every time I was sick my mom or dad would always give me a hug and that would make me feel healthier. What about every holiday we feel very special because we get hugs from many of our relatives, and without realizing it just makes our holiday perfect.

Nevertheless, when we are with our friends it always helps to get a hug from them. Sometimes when we are kids we think that if we get hugs from a person of the same sex is gay or just weird, but we replace the hug with a Hi how you doing or simply a handshake. Now that I am older, I always get a hug from my girlfriend, and it makes me feel like the happiest man on earth. I do not give a hug to my parents as much as I should because I am always in a hurry, or I forget about the importance of a hug. Today I gave a hug to my mom, and I noticed that it made her very happy, because she smiled. Everyday when I come home from work my little sister gives me a hug and it makes my day perfect, when I come home from a long day at work and I am tired. That is why I believe that a hug has an amazing power, and it makes me feel good.