I Believe that God is Standing by me.

Rocio - Santa Maria, Ca 93454, California

I believe that God is standing by me.

There is only one person who could actually stop me from doing something, God; not even my mother or my father can stop me. Everything started with the simplest thing. I went back home with my mother for my second hernia removal and decided to be there for two weeks for recovery.

When I arrived at the hospital, the nurse mentioned that there would probably be no surgery, because of the lab result that were done a day before. After the nurse words; my mother and I started to freak out. We were in the room waiting and getting ready: putting on the gown, the I.V., signing all the paper, taking medicine, answering all the nurses’ question, etc. Finally we get a notification from the nurse that the doctor had approved the surgery.

The following week my mother and I found out that I had high anemia. The lab works that were done for my surgery explained that I had a low amount of blood in my body. I was really upset because I was already planning to go back to school, but something strong in my heart was telling me to wait. My primary doctor ordered another set of lab work. He was not able to explain the result, so he sends me to a specialist. In December I met my Nephrologists. The Nephrologists’ ordered another set of lab work and a biopsy. On Christmas Eve I ended up in the emergency room. I was really disappointed because I was about to go back to school in a couple of days. I was with my sister in a plain, solid white milky room, with a cold bed and environment. My sister and I were talking and she told me that everything happens for a reason, not to worry, that God knows why he had brought me to this horrible place on Christmas Eve; probably it is not time for me to go back to school yet. I told my sister I am still planning to leave after New Year’s no matter what. No matter what my neither mother nor father had to say. I would always argued with my mother about this situation, she tried so hard to hold me back, I would argued with her and ignore her reasons.

Lying in a cold bed waiting for a doctor my sister tried to convince me not to go back. I kept ignoring her. A few minutes later, the doctor come in with the lab result and mentioned that he had just spoke with my Nephrologists. The lab work did not look pretty, but they decided to send me home. Two day later, right when I was packing, I receive a phone call from the Nephrologists apologizing that he was not able to do anything with my health on time and that he had decided to transfer me to Los Angeles. The emergency room in UCLA was waiting; all my hopes went down right in that instant. I finally had to accept it was not time for me to return to school; I realize that everything was about to begin.