Peace Begins With ME

Kasthuri - Lancaster, California
Themes: change, peace, war

Peace. A simple five letter word that has come and gone in this world of ours, but has never remained. A word that means friendship and love. But peace doesn’t mean war like many people think .It causes even more problems. The reason I want to bring peace to this world is because I want my generation to lead a better life in a better environment. By environment, I mean a world full of peace.

There have been many wars in the past, and there still are. For example, a small island called Sri Lanka has been in war for more than forty years. This is a war inside their own country. Their conclusion has now been to split the island in half so that the Singhalese and Tamil people will have their own country to live on instead of fighting for the whole country to be theirs.

The first thing I would tell these people to do is to put down all of their arms. Not only Sri Lanka should do this, but the whole world should also. By wiping out all the

arms, the world will have nothing to fight with or nothing to fight for. Even super powers have to lay down all of its arms.

As we all know, The New World Generation is a generation I’m part of. I hope that this generation is not a generation that will produce “ a new world”. Most of us have video game systems and video games. Most of the games have to deal with war, shooting, killing, suicide, and many more. You may think, “Oh, this is just a game, it won’t influence me at all”. Well, 20% of all people who play games like these have ended up doing the same thing in reality. Fun can turn in to disaster. Well, it’s not so fun when you “accidentally” do something bad to someone and end up somewhere you don’t want to be. My second step would do is to get rid of all shooting, killing, and everything that is related to this genre. Hopefully, there will be more games that are less violent.

The next thing I would do is bring all of the high class political people to a conference table. All of them will have a talk. Every single country should make a peace treaty with their fellow countries and agree on it. If people can help me do this, there will be no war or any disagreements between us. This way the countries follow what their leader says

Even if I say I will do all this, it doesn’t mean I can do it all by myself. This will be a global effort and individual will need to participate.. If every single individual in the world did the things listed above, we will definitely have a world full of peace.

Through out this essay I have always said, “I” in most of my sentences. But really it should be “WE”. We as a world, we as people, we as one, can only achieve some thing. A world full of peace means no wars, violence, fighting, or anything in that area. Just imagine how it would be. Just imagine.