Dennis - West Point, Utah

I have served in Our Nations Armed Forces for 32 years in either Active or Reserve status, and fought 3 wars. Now, at retirement, I am reflecting on the motivations that have driven me these many years to endure the hardships Stresses and dangers that have been so vivid a part of my life, and I have come to define some basic beliefs.

I believe that those of us fortunate enough to be born into an environment of Relative Wealth, Affluence, Opportunity and enlightenment, as we all are in this country, have inherited a Responsibility, along with our privileges, to our brothers and sisters around this world who were not so fortunate and were born into relative poverty, ignorance oppression and despair.

I believe that an assault on the basic Human Rights of any person is an assault on all persons, and that those of us who have the resources and availability to resist on behalf of our fellow man, have a moral obligation to do so.

I believe that there are certain truths and definitions that all people hold to be self evident: That subjugation of any person to Pain, Hunger, Fear, Grief or Deprivation to obtain Power and Authority over them, is a crime against humanity as a whole, and must be responded to by humanity as a whole.

Serving in the Armed Forces of a country that is Founded on and Grounded in Principles of Equality and personal Responsibility, as is Our Country, has enabled me, over a lifetime, to pursue the Cause of freedom for all men with the greatest of faith in and

Devotion to These Principals…And now, at the completion of my career, As I reflect on what my life might have been on another course, I feel the greatest sense of Accomplishment and Achievement in thinking that somewhere in a distant corner of this Big world a poor farmer greets the dawn each morning in hope and confidence that with hard work and perseverance he can provide for his family and help create a better world for his children.

I feel that there is no greater devotion for which a person can live or die.

This I Believe.