I Believe in True Love

Amy - Jamison, Pennsylvania
Themes: love

I believe in True Love.

I became engaged to my fiancé, Vince, only one month after meeting him. Family and friends of ours thought we were crazy and moving too fast. I did not care what everyone around us thought or said because I knew that I had found the one, my true love, my soul mate, the one that I was going to spend the rest of my life with.

We met at a night club, Just Sports, in January. We both had the same friends but had never met before that night. I was dancing with one of his guy friends when he cut in to dance with me. All I could think about was how cute he was and how I hoped I wouldn’t do or say anything stupid or embarrassing. We didn’t even notice anything going on around us that night because we were so wrapped up in one another. We both had a great time that night. At the end of the night we kissed and exchanged numbers not knowing what would come of it.

I knew that he was the one only after a week. He was what I thought in my mind “the perfect guy.” He likes the same activities that I enjoy such as: playing Texas hold ‘em, hunting, fishing, riding dirt bikes, shopping, going out to dinner, and watching the same TV. shows, and spending time with the family. He cares about what I think and really understands me. We can even finish each other’s thoughts. Vince takes great care of me and treats me like I’m a princess. He’s really affectionate and sincere. While we lie in bed, ready to fall asleep, he snuggles and holds me throughout the whole night. I can see in his eyes how much I mean to him.

A month later he proposed to me. We had a chameleon named Izzy and he told me to look in her cage because she has a surprise for me. I looked in her cage and found a gorgeous princess cut diamond ring wrapped around her tail. As I was trying to get it off her tail she hissed at me. I guess she wanted to keep it for herself. When I told family and friends about the engagement, they did not know how to respond because it was so soon and didn’t think our relationship would last. Some tried to get us to call the engagement off, some thought we had lost our minds, and some could tell we were so deeply in love and couldn’t be happier for us. We told everyone we are going to wait a year or two before we get married. No matter what people had to say about all of it, there was no way of discouraging our love for one another. We found true love and no one was going to get in the way of that.

I know that being engaged to someone so soon after meeting one another sounds crazy but I believe in finding that special someone you want to spend the rest of your life with. Do not hold back or listen to the negative things family and friends may say. True love is a wonderful thing to come across. It’s a ride of being afraid, nervous, and extremely happy all at once and loving every minute of it. I think true love is the greatest gift of all.